The Marine and Coastal Access (MCA) Bill was introduced into Parliament in December 2008. Part 9 of the MCA Bill sets out the Government’s proposals for improving access to the English coast. It also contains provision for an Order to be made to amend the CROW Act as it will apply to coastal land.
This Order will ensure that coastal land is included within the CROW Act’s description of land to which the public has a right of access for the purposes of open-air recreation.
The Order also proposes a number of other amendments to the CROW Act – for example changes to:
- the provisions for restrictions and exclusions
- the categories of excepted land at Schedule 1, and
- the general restrictions at Schedule 2.
This consultation welcomes your views on the changes that we propose to make. The closing date for this consultation is Tuesday 1st December 2009.
- Consultation letter (PDF 100 KB)
- List of organisations invited to respond (PDF 20 KB) [download id=”8698″]
- Consultation document (PDF 1 MB)[download id=”8706″]
- A response template is available in Microsoft Word (300 KB) [download id=”8702″] format
- Adobe Acrobat PDF (150 KB) format.[download id=”8704″]